5 Best Detox Teas for Cleansing the Body
First off, a detox is meant for cleansing. So when choosing an effective and healthy tea for detox, you want the finest and purest ingredients.
Most importantly, the ingredients of a cleansing tea should always be organic! It does not make sense to use teas that have been grown with herbicides and pesticides. After all, you are trying to cleanse the body from toxins and purify the organs.
Now I have been a tea connoisseur for over 4 decades. I have especially drawn to chai tea, medicinals and teas that detox the body. In truth, I have made herbalism and health a life study. I have also been blessed to know many knowledgeable herbalists from around the world. It is from these special people and my own studies that I have acquired great wisdom.
5 Best Detox Teas for Cleansing the Body
Mighty Leaf Tea Organic Detox Infusion Herbal Tea
This detox tea is a lush infusion of mint and basil with other medicinal herbs. It is caffeine free and comes in a silken tea pouch. The organic ingredients have a variety of cleansing herbs:
- Peppermint: Discovered in 1,000 BC in Egyptian pyramids, the menthol in peppermint helps cleanse the lungs air passages and sinuses. It is also good for stomach disorders and indigestion. And if you have problems like acne, peppermint is a great skin cleansing agent internally.
- Burdock root: This medicinal is known for helping detox the liver. As well, the herb is a great colon cleanser plus it promotes healthy kidneys and beautiful skin.
- Dandelion root: Great as liver cleanser. It may also help soothe an upset stomach, relieve constipation and shed water weight.
- Licorice root: This root is a natural laxative, detoxifies the liver and helps slow the effects of aging on the brain.
- Red clover flower: Well known for its ability to cleanse and purify the blood. This amazing flower is said to clear toxic heat from the blood and excess heat from liver qi stagnation. Additionally, it is said to nourish the liver as it creates red blood cells.
- Basil: Great for digestion and detoxification, especially the kidneys.
Traditional Medicinals Organic Everyday Detox Lemon Tea
This detox tea has a balanced flavor of bittersweet and aromatic citrus tang. It contains the highest quality, pharmacopoeial grade herbs that are certified GMO-free. Although it is an everyday detox tea, it supports liver function and healthy skin.
- Dandelion root: Known as a liver cleanser. It may also help relieve constipation, shed water weight and soothe an upset stomach.
- Burdock root: An herb known for detoxing the liver. Also, said to be a great colon cleanser, promotes healthy kidneys and beautiful skin.
- Stinging nettle: Boosts metabolism purifies the blood and stimulates circulation in the capillaries. It also helps cleanse the liver and assists with skin problems like acne and eczema.
- Cleavers herb: Also known as Goose grass; used for centuries as a cleansing and detox herb. It is said to be great for the lymphatic system and kidneys.
- Lemon myrtle leaf: This incredible herb is said to help with numerous issues like bronchitis, influenza, sinus infections, depression, fatigue, irritable gastrointestinal disorders, headaches and acne.
Yogi DeTox Tea
A very high quality and great tasting tea that uses 100% all natural herbal supplements made with non-GMO ingredients. The perfectly infused herbs help cleanse both the liver and kidneys. It is gentle on the system and purifies the organs.
- Burdock and dandelion support the liver
- Juniper berry promotes kidney function
- Ginger, black pepper and long pepper support blood flow
- Indian sarsaparilla and cinnamon for a nice spicy flavor
- Licorice root as a natural laxative, to detox the liver and helps slow the effects of aging on the brain.
- Other beneficial ingredients for detox and flavor include: Ginger root, cardamom pod, clove bud, black pepper, juniper berry extract, phellodendron bark, rhubarb root, Chinese skullcap root, coptis root, forsythia fruit, gardenia fruit, Japanese honeysuckle flower and winter melon seed.
Yogi Tea Berry Detox Tea
This is a tasty tea with the sweet essence of berries and herbs. It uses the Traditional Chinese herb Rhubarb Root coupled with Yellow Dock, to help eliminate impurities.
- For great taste: Amla (Indian gooseberry) fruit extract, ginger root, stevia leaf extract, hibiscus flower, orange peel, honeybush, strawberry flavor, raspberry flavor and pomegranate flavor.
- For eliminating impurities: Fennel (Foeniculum Vulgare) seed, yellow dock root and rhubarb root. Fennel is known to detox and aid digestion. Yellow dock is said to be good for removing heavy metals, digestion and blood purifier. Rhubarb root is often used to detox the colon and purify digestive system.
Detox Tea from Pukka Herbs
This is a wonderfully aromatic tea with an infusion of aromatic and medicinal herbs such as aniseed, fennel, and cardamom. It is not an ordinary detox tea, it is the ultimate cleanse with a rejuvenating flavor that is 100% organically grown and ethically sourced.
- Aniseed: A powerful cleanser of harmful organisms like fungus, candida, and yeast. The great flavored seed is also good for coughs and congestion.
- Fennel seed: Great for digestion and detox, especially the colon and the gastrointestinal tract.
- Cardamom seed: This ancient spice benefits a healthy digestive system and is great for liver cleansing. It is also known to aid in depression and urinary problems.
- Licorice root: An excellent detox herb to help cleanse the body’s system while simultaneously strengthening the liver and kidneys. It also helps stimulate the digestive system and can clear out phlegm from the throat and lungs.
- Coriander seed: Is said to remove heavy metals, aid digestion and relieves anxiety. It is also a carminative and soothes chronic inflammation.
- Celery seed: Helps the body cleanse wastes from areas such as the skin, kidneys and bowels. It also helps the acid-alkaline balance in the body
White tea spout and cup: Pouring tea via photopin (license)
Tea in glass teapot: Tea in the sun (Not sun tea) via photopin (license)
Tea on orange tablecloth: 19:00 – Tea via photopin (license)
Teapot on vat: Yudofu in the morning via photopin (license)
Chinese tea pot and cups: Chinese tea 1 via photopin (license)
Steaming hot tea: 91/365 Morning Tea via photopin (license)
Hot tea in polka dot tea cup: A cup of hot tea via photopin (license)