Eat Healthy & Drink Healthy | Use a Water Filter
We all know that when you eat healthy it supports well-being and longevity. But how often do you think about what you drink? We also know that most doctors and nutritional experts say that drinking water every day is vital to your health. Even the Mayo Clinic recommends that you “Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid a day.”
Have you ever thought about the quality of your water? Most people take it for granted that the water they drink is good for them. This is sometimes not the case; water can be contaminated with substances that can be harmful to your health.
And let’s not forget that you use water for just about everything; cooking, bathing, your garden and so forth. So, to maintain your health you need to eat healthy and drink healthy water.
More than Just Tap Water
Tap water can contain chloride, fluoride, water softeners and other substances you may not want to drink. Contaminants can also be found in your water due to out-of-date plumbing, pollution or wells that rely on nearby streams and water runoffs.
NRDC’s ‘What’s on Tap?’, did an in depth research on the drinking water systems in 19 U.S. cities. They found numerous problems like out-of-date and deteriorating plumbing plus pollution.
The contaminants that repeatedly showed up were:
* Radon: the rocket fuel perchlorate and other carcinogens which are highly toxic
* Arsenic: may cause cancer, birth defects, serious skin problems and reproductive issues
* Lead: from corrosion of pipes and plumbing fixtures, can cause brain damage in infants and children
* By-products of chlorine treatment (haloacetic acids trihalomethanes): may cause reproductive problems and cancer
* Pathogens (germs): can make people sick, especially those with weakened immune systems, the frail elderly and young children
Note: Now you might think that bottled water is safe. The bottom line is that most bottled water comes from the tap. As well, numerous companies use toxic plastic like BPA to bottle water.
Use a Water Filter | Drink Healthy
Instead of taking for granted that your tap water is uncontaminated or relying on bottled water, make sure you drink healthy by drinking water that you know is safe. The only way to ensure that you have quality water is to use a reliable water filtration system.
WaterChef combines the power of solid carbon block filtration with a unique, patented blend of additional filter medias to maximize contaminant reduction. They have unmatched contaminant reduction of common tap water with contaminants like:
- Chlorine By-Products (like Trihalomethanes)
- Cysts (including Giardia and Cryptosporidium)
- Synthetic Contaminants (Pesticides and Herbicides)
- Petroleum Contaminants (such as Benzene and MTBE)
- Industrial Contaminants (like Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs))
A Water Filter that is Easy to Install
WaterChef’s water filtration systems are easy to install plus tested & certified by NSF. The system can deliver up to 1,000 GALLONS (3,785 L) of quality water with a single cartridge!
For added convenience, there is an Intelligent Monitor’s LED indicator built right into the system. GREEN: normal system operation, YELLOW: less than 10% of cartridge capacity remains and RED: cartridge capacity has been reached.
Not all Water Filters are the same
Some water filters get rid of the good bacteria and minerals that you need as well as the bad. WaterChef’s system allows beneficial minerals like magnesium, calcium and potassium to remain in the water. The result is refreshing and great tasting water. You get quality water that is healthy and naturally balanced without de-mineralization associated with other filtration technologies like distillation and reverse osmosis.
So what are you waiting for?