Mucus Congestion Cleanse | A Three to Seven Day Mucus Detox
What is Mucus Congestion?
A lung and mucus detox can assist with asthma, persistent colds and allergies.
Although mucus is not a bad thing, it can hinder your breathing during a cold, sinus infection or asthma.
However, mucus also protects your tissues.
A surplus of mucus can be an indicator that the body is trying to heal itself from an ailment. There are several things that can attribute to excess mucus like pollen, smoke, pollution, germs that cause diseases and dirt.
In fact, humans take 17,280 to 22,000 breaths a day. Likewise, mucus collects certain irritants to safeguard the membranes that surround the upper respiratory system. Mucus also contains antiseptic and immunoglobulin’s enzymes to help protect against bronchial congestion and blockage, infections and lung irritants.
Anytime there is a large accumulation of mucus it puts an extra strain on other organs. The body will work overtime in order to get rid of toxins and reduce stress to the lungs, some organs. For instance, the kidneys help relieve the lungs by eliminating additional waste. The liver helps filter toxins.
Mucus congestion can also be a sign of other conditions like skin problems or digestion ailments. A mucus detox may help cleanse the body and promote respiratory health as well as cleanse the skin and digestive tract.
Since the lungs are the first organs to be exposed to numerous toxins like pollutants, viruses, allergens and other germs; it is imperative that you keep the respiratory system healthy.
How to Detox Your Lungs
A short mucus detox is generally suggested to overpower most any prolonged respiratory problem. A detox allows the body to get rid of mucus accumulation and numerous toxins. After eliminating mucus congestion it is recommended that healthy eating habits are established.
Here are a few tips that will help you get the greatest results from mucus elimination cleansing:
Herbs for Mucus Congestion
* Antispasmodic herbs to smooth muscle tissue: Organic Honey Wild Cherry Bark Syrup, mullein, lobelia and cramp- bark.
* Herbs to soothe cough: Fenugreek seed, thyme, licorice, yerba santa, peppermint and eucalyptus
Daily Recommendations during a Mucus Detox
* Drink 8 glasses of filtered water daily to assist elimination
* Take a fast walk every day. To help the lungs with mucus congestion, take deep breaths while walking.
* Take 3100 mg or about 1 teaspoon of natural (preferably organic) Vitamin C Crystals- Non GMO with bioflavonoids for the first 3 days
* Take a long warm bath or sauna with a massage to increase circulation. Note: Children should never have a sauna because their circulatory system is not fully developed.
* A vaporizer or air purifier used with essential oils is helpful in clearing the sinuses. Use eucalyptus, White Flower Analgesic Balm or tiger balm.
Herbal Compresses to Loosen Mucus
* Ginger and cayenne
The Mucus Detox Diet
On rising: Have a cup of bronchodilator or antispasmodic herb tea. Squeeze 2-3 lemons in filtered water, add organic pure maple syrup or honey to taste.
Breakfast: Have a cup of organic apple, cranberry, papaya, pomegranate, grape or pineapple juice.
Mid-morning: Have a glass of organic carrot juice, celery or watercress juice, a cup of plain miso soup or a beneficial tea for the lungs.
Lunch: Have a cup of potassium broth or organic vegetable juice. See recipe for Potassium Broth
Late afternoon: Have 3 grams of Green Foods Green Magma, organic or a vegetable juice that contains green vegies like spinach, wheat grass or any green leafy vegetable.
Dinner: Have a cup of organic apple, cranberry, papaya, pomegranate, grape or pineapple juice.
Breaking a Mucus Detox Cleanse
On the last day of your detox have a small fresh organic salad for dinner and a small cup of miso soup. The next day start eating very small and modest meals. Avoid all pasteurized and processed foods.
* A cup of muesli: See recipe for Homemade Muesli
* Cooked oatmeal with walnuts and raisins
* Granola with soy or rice milk and fresh organic fruit
* Plain organic yogurt and a glass of fruit juice
* Fresh organic fruit smoothie and some nuts
* Small salad with lemon and olive oil dressing
* A baked potato with a very small amount of butter, fresh green organic salad
* Potassium Soup; see potassium broth but do not discard solids: Recipe for Potassium Broth
* Bowl of steamed greens (spinach, mustard greens or Swiss chard) & peeled tomatoes with melba toast
Break the Mucus Congestion Cleanse very slowly to avoid digestive distress and kidney issues. Your organs have been resting and cleansing plus your stomach has shrunk. Likewise, you would not want to undue the mucus congestion cleansing by overeating or eating toxic foods.
Note on Diet and Exercise for a Mucus Detox
It is highly recommended that you consult a physician, dietary expert or professional before starting any diet or exercise routine.
Organic Products for Mucus Congestion
Mortar and Pestle for Herbs